If you haven't been using a Tweet search tool, such as http://search.twitter.com, you're missing out on lots of possible sources and information. But there's an easier way to troll through Google, the blogosphere and Twitter the next time you're working on a story.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to search Google and Twitter in the same window:
1. You'll need to use Firefox for this to work. You can install the latest version here.
2. Next, you'll need to install the Greasemonkey plugin. It's free and it won't affect your machine negatively. Download it here.
3. Now, restart Firefox to finish the Greasemonkey installation.
4. Relaunch Firefox. Then, visit this page and look for the green "Install" button at the top of your screen. Click to install.
5. Now go to Google and try typing a search. You should automatically see Twitter search results along with Google's list. Pretty neat!
To read all of Amy's columns, click here.
Amy Webb is a digital media consultant and head of Webbmedia Group, LLC. She has also launched Knowledgewebb, a new website for multimedia training. You can also follow Amy on Twitter and delicious. Webbmedia Group is a vendor-neutral company. Any opinions expressed about products or services are formed after testing, research and interviews. Neither Amy Webb nor Webbmedia Group or its employees receives any financial or other benefits from vendors.