The ongoing climate crisis is perhaps the biggest story of our time. Increasingly, journalists all over the world, no matter their beat, will be reporting on the crisis and its many consequences.
At IJNet we have compiled a list of external resources and organizations so support these reporting efforts. Consider this a living document, one we will continue adding to. For IJNet resources on environmental reporting, please visit our environmental reporting landing page.
- Climate Tracker
- Society of Environmental Journalists
- Environmental Reporting Collective
- The Uproot Project, from Grist
- Earth Journalism Network, from Internews
- Cover Climate Now, from the Columbia Journalism Review
Governmental and inter-governmental organizations
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- International Energy Agency
- World Bank
- UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UN climate diplomacy hub)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Climate at a Glance global database, from NOAA
- U.S. Global Change Research Program
- U.K. Met Office
- U.K. Climate Change Committee
- Climate Action Tracker
- U.S. National Academy of Sciences
- Climate change: evidence and causes, from The Royal Society
- Climate change resources from the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Geophyscial Union, dedicated to supporting Earth and space sciences
- World Resources Institute, a global nonprofit that works with government, business and civil society leaders "to research, design, and carry out practical solutions that simultaneously improve people’s lives and ensure nature can thrive."
- InfluenceMap, An independent think tank that uses data analysis to assess how business and finance are impacting the climate crisis
- Climate change and inequality, from the World Inequality Database. This resource evaluates global inequality of carbon emissions from 1990-2020.
- Climate disinformation project, from the Union of Concerned Scientists
- Climate Change litigation databases, comprised of a U.S. Climate Change Litigation database and a Global Climate Change Litigation database
- Climate change extreme weather attribution database, where you can find scientific information related to climate litigation and policy making
- Skeptical Science, a site dedicated to debunking climate misinformation